Note: Applications for 2021 Awards are currently closed.
Please read through Guidelines (see below), Funding Priorities, and Application Information before starting the application.
Timeline for 2021 Grants
- September 7, 2020 – Project Grant Applications Open
- October 9, 2020, 11:59 pm – Deadline to Apply
- January 2021 – Award Notifications Sent
- January 31, 2021 – Award Agreements Due
- February 2021 – Award Checks Mailed
Project Grant Program Overview
- Minimum Project Grant Request: $751.00.
- Maximum Project Grant Request: $2,500.00.
- A post-project narrative and financial report, will be required of all grant recipients 30 days after completion of project or use of grant funds. The Final Report should include photos and / or other documentation demonstrating the use of the award.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Organizations physically located in Clackamas County with a Clackamas County mailing address
- Individuals who live or work in Clackamas County who have partnered with a Clackamas County-based organization as a co-applicant
- Organizations located in Oregon with a project that clearly benefits Clackamas County residents, demonstrates strong community support and county partnerships may be eligible to apply. Please contact us to confirm eligibility before applying
- Prior Clackamas County Cultural Coalition grant recipients who are current on all agreements and have submitted all required reports
- Nonprofit tax-exempt status is not required
OPERATING SUPPORT – Due to the impact of COVID-19 on cultural organizations, 2021 Clackamas County Cultural Coalition grants will be available for operating support as well as projects.
Applicants who apply for a project grant are not eligible to apply for an operating support grant for the same year. If applying for a grant for operating support, your organization must show history and longevity, and convincingly demonstrate that it has the ability to survive into 2021 and beyond.
- Applicants who apply for an operating support grant are not eligible to apply for a project grant for the same year.
- Requests for projects must be related to arts, heritage or humanities, respond to the Cultural Plan vision and help forward Coalition’s goals.
- Projects must align with the key values of the Coalition;
- Increase public recognition and value of local culture
- Acknowledge the vibrancy that social, cultural and ethnic diversity bring
- Increase public participation in local culture
- Support the inclusion of arts and culture in every community
- Projects must result in measurable outcomes within at least ONE Funding Priority. Funding Priorities directly underscore the coalition’s mission, vision, and values. Projects and organizations should focus on supporting/growing local assets and removing barriers to cultural participation:
- Increase how local culture is valued and supported,
- Support the creation of, or participation in, cultural projects and activities,
- Stimulate partnerships and collaborations that grow capacities to support assets and remove barriers. We include here partnerships that support cultural tourism,
- Work closely with local governments, businesses, and others to embed local culture in community development, and
- Grow communications capacity for cultural groups, organizations, and artists/creatives.
- Partnerships and collaborations should be evident – it shows community support and viability of a project.
- Applicant’s financial support and budget should be closely reviewed, with the expectation that all applicants will provide some matching funds and/or in-kind contributions toward their project’s success. If the proposed project is intended as part of a larger concept, evidence of financial sustainability beyond this project grant period will be required
- Capital projects which increase the participation in arts, heritage or humanities may be considered. Please contact us to confirm eligibility before applying
- Applicants must be in good standing and all final reports from prior award cycles must be submitted before any future awards are released
- Projects must be completed within the calendar year applying for
- Final Report must be submitted within 30 days of project completion
- Those whose 2020 projects have been granted waiver extensions are not eligible to apply for a 2021 project grant for the same project.
- Endowment support is not eligible.
- Hospitality (e.g.: alcohol or other food/beverage related expenses are not eligible)
- If the grant benefits a minor under the age of 18, an adult representative must complete the application and final report.
- Read FAQs before applying
If you have questions about eligibility or restrictions please contact grant administrator at 503-655-0525.
Orientation – Cancelled due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the free Grant Orientation has been cancelled. For specific questions regarding Project Grants or this year’s application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-655-0525.